the future of kdetoys

Stefan Böhmann kde at hilefoks.org
Fri May 9 13:01:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

kmoon, fifteenapplet and eyesapplet were allready removed when I wrote (more
precisely when I send) my mail. Sorry for that.

On 5/7/08, Stefan Böhmann <kde at hilefoks.org> wrote:
> When the new plasma based world clock is ready in time for kde 4.1 also
> kworkdclock could be moved to tags/unmaintained/4. But I couldn't find the
> plasma applet in the svn repository so I have no idea which state it
> currently has. However - I wrote Henry a mail too, to point out this thread
> to him. Maybe he can brief us about his work and further plans.

I've got a reply from Henry and he asked to forward his mail:

----------

----------

On Friday, 9. May 2008 00:38:18 Allen Winter wrote:
> > 5. kworldclock
> > kworldclock seems to be ok for the moment, but didn't have a maintainer.
> > Also Henry de Valence works on a new plasma based world clock (see [3]).
>
> So kill this one too.

Just done by moving kworldclock to tags/unmaintained/4.

> > 8. kteatime
> > I ported this application to KDE4 and took care of it since then.
>
> No objections to moving kteatime into kdeutils, if Friedrich is ok with
> that. Or to extragear.

Ok - I prefer to move kteatime and amor to extragear/utils.

If there are no objections we then have only ktux and kweather in kdetoys.
Because I don't know how to handle this applications I need your help. Else a
alternative solution could be to keep kdetoys for KDE 4.1 of course.

However - I need your help anyway because I have no network connection as of
tomorrow for the next ~14 days. Also I don't know how to handle for example
the documentation of moved apps. So sorry - but I have to ask for someone
with more knowledge (also for handling ktux and kweather).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
 - Stefan