4.2 Feature Plan

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon May 5 17:35:10 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 5. Mai 2008, um 17:19 Uhr, schrieb Matt Williams:
> On Monday 05 May 2008 16:06:11 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Am Montag, 5. Mai 2008, um 16:42 Uhr, schrieb Allen Winter:
> > >  2. please don't add anything new to the 4.1 page
> >
> > Which place should one use to collect features since 4.0, then?
>
> Well any new features should already be on that page. The deadline for
> adding entries to that page was the 20th April. Anything not mentioned on
> the page as of that date should not be added to KDE 4.1.

No, I meant features that were already done long before the soft feature
freeze, but never officially noted somewhere because this list was just taken
to be only for features risked by the freezes.

FWIW I think they should be also added here, so there is a single list with
4.1 features.
Hm, someone even ought to write a featurezilla plugin for mediawiki...

> > >  3. please move your feature to the 4.2 page if you haven't started it
> > > yet
> >
> > This is only valid after hard feature freeze, no?
>
> Technically, yes. But given that the hard freeze is only 2 weeks away most
> things which are still 'TODO' are likely to have to be rescheduled for 4.2
> (at least within kdegames).

Likely, yes. But think of those procrastinators by whatever reason who are
planning with this date. They were promised to have a chance until then. :)

> I've just updated the text on the 4.1 page. Please give it a quick read to
> make sure that I'm not lying about anything :)

Quickly read, saw nothing which I think to know differently. :)

Friedrich