Non-C++ Apps in KDE Main Modules (Was: Guidance in KDE Admin)

Alexander Dymo adymo at kdevelop.org
Sun Mar 30 12:49:42 CEST 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Andras Mantia <amantia at kde.org> wrote:
>  Sorry, in the beginning I couldn't find the good word, but in fact I
>  meant interpreted languages,

Well, actually I never stress the fact Ruby or Python are interpreted.
It doesn't matter. Currently the best implementations of them are
interpreters but that can and will change.

New Ruby 1.9 comes with a bytecode VM. JRuby is already mature now and
they also have Ruby compiler (to Java bytecode).

What matters is the languages themselves, not their implementations.
Implementations will get better and better over the time (at least
that's true for Ruby). But languages already allow _you_ to be a more
productive programmer.