kdesupport branch for 4.0.x

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Mar 25 16:56:19 CET 2008

On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Tom Albers wrote:
> I just don't see the need, if the kdesupport authors request it, it's
> a totally different discussion though.

Where are kdesupport apps developed? In /trunk/kdesupport? In other svn
servers? Again why do we keep it here, if it is how you said? Or why
don't we put every single KDE dependency in /trunk/kdesupport?

Well, I know the answers, they are developed in the KDE svn server. So
they should follow the same rules as for every other application there:
they have a development (trunk) version and a stable branch. The trunk
can be trunk/kdesupport, the stable can be branches/4.0/kdesupport.
What is done now is that trunk is trunk/kdesupport and the stable
versions are spread around branches/ , which I find...a little weird.
But whatever,  branches/4.0/kdesupport could be just a bunch of
externals, if they like how it is now.

But maybe I have a weird logic, and everything is beautiful and nice how
it is.

Andras