the future of kdetoys

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Thu Jun 12 15:10:40 CEST 2008

On Thursday 12 June 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Thursday 12 June 2008 08:58:13 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 June 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> > > BTW: do we have someone taking module coordinatorship for kdeplasmoids?
> >
> > that would be me i 'pose, since i was doing that for the extragear
> > version of it.
>
> OK, I'll add that info to the Release Team Projects Page.
>
> > btw, not having a place to house plasma add-ons that aren't tied to a kde
> > release is a bit of a pain. i can see extragear/plasma/ happening again
> > at some point if we're not careful.
>
> Once we have a stable Plasma API, maybe this won't be a problem??
>
> > also, the name of the module is already a bit of a misnomer since
> > kdeplasmoids actually contain more than plasmoids (engines, themes, etc).
> > i don't know if that really matters or anyone particularly cares, though
> > =)
>
> Probably kdeplasma would have been better?
> I suppose we could change the name for 4.2.

I like above. As we don't have released beta2 yet, i think we have time to
move.
Aaron, how can we packagers can know which is engine / themes / etc based on
what inside package ?
I'm telling this because we suppose to split everything in subpackages called
plasma-<name> before, but with this is better to improve as
plasma-<type>-<name>

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro