4.2 Schedule.

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sun Jul 27 00:32:15 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 16 July 2008 11:41:11 Tom Albers wrote:
> Op woensdag 16 juli 2008 15:12 schreef u:
> > I think we should keep the same schedule from 4.1,
>
> You totally ignore my proposal. Please respond to that thread.

Sorry, I didn't mean to give that impression.

I took into account Dirk's concerns and my own feelings/observations
and made a counter proposal.

I simply don't think we can possibly give the translators the time
they need, along with doing useful beta testing and polishing in less time
then we did in 4.1. Basically, I don't think we can get away with less
than 2 months of translating, testing and polishing.  Ok, maybe we
could do it in 6 weeks.. but I like the monthly milestones.

IMHO:
If we want more than 4 months for features => we need longer than 6 month cycles.

We really should decide on a schedule soon.  Or do you guys want to wait for Akademy?