automoc in kdesupport-issue

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Jul 22 22:18:48 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Saturday 19 July 2008, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> > That's not entirely right. For the last beta I asked dirk to do the
> > automoc4 0.9.83 tarball. You can find it on ftp.kde.org.
>
> unstable/support/automoc4
>
> > I need an automoc4 0.9.84 release as soon as possible, though. (I already
> > released one package on kde-apps.org that needs 0.9.84 when using cmake
> > 2.6)
>
> which svn revision should we use for the new release? note that I don't
> like the %_libdir dependency (it doesn't make sense to install a .cmake
> file which is platform independent under /lib/ anyway).

The installed .cmake file is platform dependent, potentially architecture
dependent.
The purpose of these files is to contain information about the installed
package, created by the installed package, so the Find-module doesn't have to
guess but can simply include that file.
This can contain e.g. paths to libraries, compiler or linker flags, etc., i.e.
very platform dependent information.
Currently for automoc4 the information isn't platform dependent, but I don't
want to guarantee that it never will be, so I'd prefer to keep that in lib/
instead of share/.

Alex