Move KSystemLog to kdereview

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Jan 28 15:14:36 CET 2008

Sorry for the late reply.
This message just showed up in my inbox this morning.

On Monday 21 January 2008 18:09:05 Nicolas Ternisien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would be an honor to join the KDE team, and coordinate the kdeadmin
> module, which needs a vast cleanup (some apps like ksysv and kcron are
> really frightened ;-)

Welcome!  And yay!

> And of course, it will simplify the agreement process of KSystemLog ;-)
>
> So, where and what are the forms I need to fill to be the _official_
> kdeadmin coordinator ?

No forms.  Just do the work. :)

> And about KSystemLog, now that it is officially in the standby-review
> mode, to let developers inspects the code, how many times and who are
> the people who will make the review ?

You are in charge of making that happen.
See http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Release_Team#Functions

You have already followed the requirements for a adding
a new app.  so.. in this case..  seems like a simple case of
doing the move and changing kdeadmin/CMakeLists.txt accordingly.

> Another question : when does the feature freeze will happen for KDE
> 4.1, and does KSystemLog have any chance to be part of it ?

The schedule for 4.1 is up at
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Release_Schedule
You have plenty of time to make KSystemLog part of 4.1

> Thank you !
And Thank you!