What is a Module Coordinator?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Fri Jan 18 02:41:14 CET 2008

Le Thursday 17 January 2008 12:59:19 pm Allen Winter, vous avez écrit :
> Howdy,
>
> It strikes me that we never defined the role of a module coordinator.
> I think we should come up with a clear definition -- so maybe we
> know what the heck we are supposed to be doing.. and maybe help
> us recruit and get the right people in the right roles.
>
> The current list of coordinators is at [1].  We should probably create
> a new page.. but anyway...
>
> Here's a quick list to start with:
> + help determine release schedules
> +communicate release schedules with the module developers
> + provide feedback from developers to the Release Team
> + review new applications for inclusion in the module
> + review old, unmaintained applications for removal from the modules
> + review external dependencies for the module
> + help set and review goals for major and feature releases
> + a module coordinator is NOT:
>    - the module police
>    - the final authority
>    - the maker of rules
>    - management
>
> Comments? Suggestions?  Should I have lose my coordinatorship? :)
Excellent!
+ review old, unmaintained applications for removal from the modules and help
find new maintainers

What about release preparation: should we also look that CMake tests and
dependencies are clear for packagers? Or is that sort of stuff to be care of
by each devel?

Thanks for being the coordinators Coordinator!

Anne-Marie