KDE 4.1 planning

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Jan 8 12:59:23 CET 2008

Am Dienstag 08 Januar 2008 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> On Tuesday 08 January 2008 12:41:05 Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Am Montag 07 Januar 2008 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> > > Not sure about the root cause here, but Fedora, openSUSE and Ubuntu
> > > have 6 months schedules. For them, it's an advantage to have a new
> > > desktop version
> >
> > Sorry to step in, but openSUSE does not.
>
> How does openSUSE's releases work? Release when it's ready, depending on
> the features that have been added?

I wish :)

We define a time frame when the features we plan are supposed to be ready and
release then. So when KDE 4.1 is going to be ready in the 7th month after the
last release, we'll plan with 8 months. If KDE doesn't make it, we curse on
it, but stick with the 8 months plan.

So it's not 6 months, but something between 6 and 9, depending on many things.

Greetings, Stephan