disabling kdenetwork/lanbrowsing for 4.0.0

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Jan 2 16:18:32 CET 2008

Hi,

in kdenetwork there is lanbrowsing/, which consists of:
-the lisa daemon, a daemon which basically scans the local network for IP
addresses which respond to ping packets, and which cooperates with other lisa
daemons in the network
-the lan:/ ioslave, which queries the lisa daemon, and which check (on demand)
the samba, nfs, http, and ssh ports on a host to offer these services of a
host as directories via kio
-a control module for all that

I wrote that in KDE 2 times, and more or less since end of 2002 I didn't
really work on it, especially not for KDE 4. In the meantime there are
technologies like Zeroconf, which should be able to do the same job, just
better.

Therefor I'd like to disable lanbrowsing from kdenetwork for the 4.0.0
release, patch attached.

Ok ?

Alex