Tapioca-Qt and Telepathy-Qt

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Feb 27 15:36:47 CET 2008

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 02:38:00 you wrote:
> Hi Allen!
>
> I was thinking on how to ask the tapioca crowd whether they would allow for
> me to put a copy of their code into the KDE SVN. That smells of forking,
> but currently is pretty painful: Send people over to SF to grab those
> sources from SVN there, so that they can build decibel.
>
> Yesterday I was approached by birunko, one of the developers of tapioca-qt.
> He wanted to know whether it was possible to get the code into kdesupport
> once Decibel is in KDE... I think that is a really good idea. What do you
> think? Where could we put the code?

[Cc'ing the Release Team]
Hi Tobias,

I'm not sure of the prerequisites for kdesupport... i.e, if we require
more than 1 dependency within the main KDE modules.
However, I think having telepathy-qt and tapioca-qt both
in kdesupport would be better than asking people to svn up
the code from SF.

This message reminds me of a couple things:
1. Urs, Matt, and I decided that Decibel would fit better in kdenetwork
than kdepim.
2. Matt is doing the Decibel pre-review now
3. I need to change the Feature Plan accordingly

-Allen