Initial revision of KDE 4.1 schedule available on Techbase

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Wed Feb 20 09:57:06 CET 2008

Op woensdag 20 februari 2008 05:13 schreef u:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 03:47:30PM +0100, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 February 2008, Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> >
> > > My impression (and the one of other, I gathered that from past discussions)
> > > is that two months to stabilise a 4.x release should really be enough. More
> > > time in freeze is not a good thing.
> >
> > I disagree. 2 months is not enough. you need one month alone to tell the
> > developers that it is time to head up for a release and at least another
> > month to iron out the bugs.
> >
> >  But then again, I'm not the one who wants to release so early, I want to
> > release at a later point anyway (to be in sync with other releases of big
> > projects).
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Dirk
> >

> Just for the record, I actually prefer September myself, but I'm just
> the messenger in this case. If we can come to a different consensus on
> when we actually want to release, then I (or somebody else) can update
> the schedule.

No, we decided for July and announced that everywhere. The objections should have raised during that discussion. If you were on vacation, bad luck this time ;-)

That does not mean we can not change anything in the future anymore. When we make the schedule for 4.2, we can shift two months /if/ there is concensus on that idea.

I do not see an urgent reason to change the schedule for 4.1.... And, just for the record, I don't like the idea of making sure 4.1 slips two months to get to that schedule.
--
Tom Albers