KOffice Alpha 6

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Feb 8 11:50:52 CET 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> On Thursday 07 February 2008, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>
> > The tag and tarball Dirk kindly created for us appear to be broken (my
> > fault, I had checked in a change in a directory that didn't get compiled
> > because I had version 0.15 instead of 0.16 of a dependency and hadn't
> > noticed). So, please don't try to create packages from the 1.9.95.2 tag.
>
> which svn revision is good? which fix should be included in the tarballs?

Revision 772083 compiled for me this morning and passed nearly all unittests.

> > I am trying to create a new tag and new tarballs, but I find I don't know
> > what to do, exactly, anymore.
>
> Well, I can just redo the tarball or release 1.9.95.3. Please try to talk to
> me if you notice those problems instead of silently hiding in a crave :)

Sorry, I guess I was rather unsure about the right procedure, and I thought
I would have to redo the work myself. I immediately mailed kde-release after
Jonathan told me there were problems.

> or should I upload a tarball for testing and wait for somebody's (you'rs?)
> confirmation that they work?

It may be a ddgood addition to the procedure. Where can I download the tarball
for testing? Or I guess I could just as well switch to the tag and give that
a try.

> Note that koffice most of the time does not even compile, so it is quite
> difficult for me to find a version that should be tagged.

I don't have compilation problems very often myself, so I don't dare guarantee
that r772083 will compile for everyone, but I think that's a good release.

Thanks!

Boudewijn