[Kde-pim] KitchenSync + OpenSync Deadline

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Dec 4 18:35:38 CET 2008

On Thursday 27 November 2008 8:19:01 am Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> We are nearing the KDE 4.2 Beta2  tagging in less than 2 weeks (9 Dec).
> If Opensync 0.40 is not available a few days before that time, then we'll
> have no choice but to disable Kitchensync  and the Akonadi Opensync plugin
> from KDE 4.2.
>
> See [1]
>
> Can anyone provide a status update on Opensync 0.40?
> Is there any chance this deadline can be met?

Ok, there is no chance this deadline can be met.
And we have no guarantee of a frozen API.

I think we have no choice but to remove kitchensync from the build.
I won't remove the code; i'll simply comment out the appropriate
lines from the CMakeLists.txt files.

We can uncomment when trunk is re-opened for 4.3.

Unless someone has a good argument otherwise??

-Allen