reopen trunk for KDE 4.3?

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 01:02:54 CET 2008

On Thursday 04 December 2008 00:42:27 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

Hi,

> for that matter, why are thranslations still being tracked for 4.1 when 4.2 is
> now in string freeze? should translators not be working on 4.2?

Every team can decide how to work. The german team switched to
trunk a few weeks ago but I think some teams continue working in
branches until the final release. Even if the strings there are frozen
for quite some time, the translation might not be completed.

If it is decided to copy 4.2 to branches and open trunk again, you
put  another pile of management work (and confusion?) on the
translators.

If only a few apps really need a place to commit (was that the
reason?), consider the work/ dir an alternative.

Talking about backports,
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/4.1/?sortby=rev&view=log
should give an impression of the backporting impact on 4.1.
Unfortunately dir logs do not seem to load very easily in websvn.

MfG