reopen trunk for KDE 4.3?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Dec 4 01:01:40 CET 2008

A Dijous 04 Desembre 2008, Aaron J. Seigo va escriure:
> On Wednesday 03 December 2008, Tom Albers wrote:
> > Op Wednesday 03 December 2008 23:17 schreef u:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I know we haven't implemented the whole "always summer in trunk"
> > > scheme, but I wonder if we can go ahead and branch KDE 4.2 and reopen
> > > trunk. Just for kopete alone, I have 3 patches, and a whole new
> > > protocol support plugin to integrate and I'm sure other projects would
> > > benefit from this as well.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > The problem is that we are only setup to handle two active branches for
> > the translations. Currently 4.1 and 4.2, if we branch off 4.2, we need to
> > setup a third branch for translations.
>
> or would it make sense to ignore trunk until 4.2 is released for
> translations? so that the two branches being tracked would be 4.1 and the
> upcoming 4.2?
>
> for that matter, why are thranslations still being tracked for 4.1 when 4.2
> is now in string freeze?

Because 4.1.4 is planned for tagging in 10th of december[1].

> should translators not be working on 4.2? (Honest
> questions, i know next to nothing about the translation procedures)

Who says they are not working on trunk? For example, in 5 hours there have
been 3 commits to the 4.1.x translation branch and 19 to trunk translation
branch.

Albert

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Release_Schedule