reopen trunk for KDE 4.3?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Dec 4 00:42:27 CET 2008

On Wednesday 03 December 2008, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op Wednesday 03 December 2008 23:17 schreef u:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know we haven't implemented the whole "always summer in trunk" scheme,
> > but I wonder if we can go ahead and branch KDE 4.2 and reopen trunk. Just
> > for kopete alone, I have 3 patches, and a whole new protocol support
> > plugin to integrate and I'm sure other projects would benefit from this
> > as well.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> The problem is that we are only setup to handle two active branches for the
> translations. Currently 4.1 and 4.2, if we branch off 4.2, we need to setup
> a third branch for translations.

or would it make sense to ignore trunk until 4.2 is released for translations?
so that the two branches being tracked would be 4.1 and the upcoming 4.2?

for that matter, why are thranslations still being tracked for 4.1 when 4.2 is
now in string freeze? should translators not be working on 4.2? (Honest
questions, i know next to nothing about the translation procedures)

> So, just in my personal opinion, we can drop 4.1.4 and spent our energy to
> 4.2.0.

+1 from me, for the imho good reasons you outline.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se