kdesupport Policy

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Aug 26 15:06:34 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 26 August 2008 06:01:34 Mark Constable wrote:
> On 2008-08-26, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> > > That's correct.  And if someone complains we can say that "you are using a
> > > development version of Foo which is not supported in KDE yet.  please
> > > remove that version and use the one from your distro instead..."
>
> Different distro's have different versions of various packages
> according to how nimble and strict they are towards updates. It
> would only work if everyone used, say, Kbuntu 8.04.1 as a reference
> system... but that would upset eveyone else that did not.

Sure, so the kdesupport devs need to give the distros and the
developers fair warning time.  They also need to tell us where
to pick up stable source code so we can build ourselves.

So maybe they need put up a website with tarballs.  Or maybe
they need to tells to use the version in branch.  Or maybe their
API matures over the years and it doesn't become such a big deal.
etc.