Putting Playground in some order

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Aug 25 14:25:37 CEST 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Monday 25 August 2008, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > How about enforcing (by policy) that each app/dir whatever must contain
> > at least a "INFO" or a "README" file that describes wht the purpose is,
> > who is working on it and who should be contacted regarding the code?
>
> Well, it's allready the case, each subdir contains an INDEX file which is
> supposed to contains the name of the apps, a description, authors and even
> a link to a webpage. But a lot of applications are missing in those INDEX
> files.

fwiw, i routinely scan through playground/base and do cleanups and what not.
it doesn't get the grooming attention an official, production module would and
i'm certainly more lenient in what stays (e.g. there are things like appfs
which are kde3 only but certainly of interest and interesting that i'm not in
a hurry to dump). there is a fairly continuous turn over of stuff in
playground/base due to this and it's not in immediate danger of becoming full
of bitrot.

having people meander through their relevant playground modules now and again,
as the kdeutils people apparently are, should hopefully be enough as long as
we're cognizant that we shouldn't just let it go to crap entirely =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se