KDEPIM 4.1?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Apr 30 16:39:04 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008 10:17:52 Pino Toscano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Sebas' "Alpha1" announcement on the Dot [1] promises KDE-PIM
> > as part of the 4.1 release.
>
> I don't think "sebas promised" on his own, but just said what is the idea
> so far, as (at least I didn't see it, but I'm not in KDE-PIM channels)
> there was annoucement or agreement on not shipping KDE-PIM with KDE 4.1

Of course I was not putting any blame on Sebas; I was simply
noticing that we are making a promise that may not be achievable.

> > I have strong doubts about this.  We need to discuss.
>
> I don't see why this discussion belongs to release-team.
> In my opionion, you PIM guys should discuss this, then come to release-team
> with a -single- idea about whether shipping or not, and in case of
> shipping, which parts of it should be.

Because it is of importance to the 4.1 release?
Because we are a "team" and I need  help and advice?

But you are correct that I am probably providing way
too many details that most of the list really doesn't care about.

The point is: we need to be prepared to either 1) not have
a kdepim 4.1 or 2) for several kdepim apps to be disabled/removed.