KDE 4.1 Soft Feature Freeze in Effect

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Apr 30 02:36:30 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 20:19:13 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi Allen and release team,
>
> I have been working some time on a new widget for kdelibs. Its place would
> be kdelibs/kdeui/widgets. I need to polish its documentation, and I will
> have it ready at most for next week.
>
> The properties dialog, for example would look this way:
> http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/04/kpropertiesdialog43.png
>
> Since it is a very simple widget, and it doesn't add any interaction or
> whatever with the user (only drawing beauty), I really think users like to
> see from version to version GUI and eye-candy improvements at certain
> places.
>
> Would you let me get this into kdelibs if it gets accepted in
> kde-core-devel ? or asked in other way, after getting technical OK, do I
> have release OK from the release team ?

Rafael,

This widget isn't listed on the Feature Plan, nor is it listed
on the "Widgets and Classes" page on Techbase.  Since
we are in "Soft Feature Freeze", you can't add a new feature
unless it is listed in one of those two places.

However:  I'm a little unclear if a new widget counts as a "Feature".
Especially a widget like this.

My opinion: if you get an ok from k-c-d then I would say "sure, go ahead".
But other Release Team members might object..

-Allen