Delaying KDE 4.1 Alpha 1 ?

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Mon Apr 21 11:40:53 CEST 2008

On Monday 21 April 2008 11:18:04 Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Sunday 20 April 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > but a contingency for a plasma (or even workspace as a whole if
> > that's easier? crappy for the kwin guys though =/ ) from the 10th is
> > probably smart.
>
> That's not that easy. I tried to compile now trunk without updating
> kdebase, and kdepim fails to compile because it looks like it was ported
> to the new plasma api (they have some plasma stuff in akonadi).
> So that would not work with the old plasma.
> So I'd say better be late with Alpha1, but get a usable desktop and
> working applications (at least as they were before the 10th).

FWIW, last night's SVN is already getting usable again. The panel is back,
taskmanager needs to be added manually, sometimes it comes back after
restarting plasma without panel. The systray is apparently broken, and there
are some layouting glitches in the panel right now.

It's getting closer, though :-)
--
sebas