Delaying KDE 4.1 Alpha 1 ?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at
Sun Apr 20 14:00:21 CEST 2008

Le Sunday 20 April 2008 01:09:22 pm Tom Albers, vous avez écrit :
> Hi Guys,
> On the agenda for this week is the tagging of Alpha 1. As I understand from
> IRC the fallout from the plasma hacking event is pretty big and the current
> state is less than what we want to display to our alpha testing user base.
> I know KDE is /a lot/ more than plasma, but I feel the overall perception
> of KDE in reviews and perception of users is largely based on Plasma. I
> think we should delay Alpha 1 until this is fixed. Any ETA on that would be
> great.
> Best,
> Toma

I agree, the desktop is not usable right now, we cannot ship an Alpha in that 
Let's wait for Aaron to be back after his week-end off and see if he can 
indicate when things will be stabilized.

Best regards,


More information about the release-team mailing list