Konqueror questions.

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Tue Sep 25 16:37:07 CEST 2007

At Tuesday 25 September 2007 15:17, you wrote:
> as for Konqueror ... we have a file manager that is in good shape, we need a
> power user browser and a web browser (konqi currently fills both of those).
> should we hold up 4.0 for it? i don't know.

Yep. It has been defined as a goal which needs to be completed in the beta period.

> on a related note i finally got a chance to look through the page on techbase
> and saw that kmail was noted as a showstopper. i wonder what happened to
> the "people can run kde3's kdepim apps in kde4" consensus of just a few
> months ago to result in kmail becoming a *showstopper* for 4.0?

Kmail is added to the list as it makes sure a basic set of libraries is correctly functioning. We can not release with broken kio, or broken certificate handling, identities broken, mailtransport lib not working and everything else kmail makes use of.

Toma