Sound help

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Mon Sep 24 21:49:24 CEST 2007

>> 5. Playing short sound files sometimes only plays the start of the sound
>> (which can be almost nothing). This is a big problem for notifications.
>> Some reported that this is a bug in xine-lib, but I have not looked into
>> the issue.

This is the show-stopper issue for us in games and kde-edu. KTuberling
can be used to reproduce it if you need a test case. I would like to
help with Phonon debugging, but I am not sure how my skills could be
used. Where would be a good place to coordinate this effort? Also, is
the avkode backend still in development or in consideration for 4.0, as
it could potentially solve some xine-lib issues?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini