Release dates/nomenclature

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Sep 3 00:31:08 CEST 2007

On 02.09.07 17:44:25, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> On Sunday 02 September 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Ok, I turned the Krazy web site off.
> >
> > I can't really do anything about the command line tool
> > except tell folks not to use it.
> >
> > -Allen
>
> Please, no.
>
> I was planning to use it in a next week presentation in a major conference
> here an one of the important things introduced during our evolution.
>
> Despite this, turn off Krazy is just a way to make more people talking
> about "what's  happening".
>
> Sorry, but by blaming Krazy for the fact that we're lack of resources or for
> try force people to do something is almost the same to cut off the liberty of
> developers decide by thenselves what they want to do.
>
> Probably i'm not the first one to say that, but the current issues have
> NOTHING TO DO with tools like krazy, but to lack of we do better management
> of project and failing in to explain to out developers what we need to do
> right now.
>
> Seriously, shutting down krazy is more signal of weakness and confusion than a
> really help to project. PLease, get it online again.

I completely agree and there may be krazy issues that should be fixed
_before_ the release - for example dpointerness and maybe  some others.

I also don't think this helps getting developers into fixing bugs, those
that were looking at the ebn and fixing krazy issues might as well just
use the commandline tool. IMHO there's a reason these people don't work
on real bugs but krazy stuff (in my case the factor is time, if I only
have some 30 minutes I rather fix a bunch of krazies instead of starting
something which I can't finish).

Andreas

--
Chess tonight.