Release dates/nomenclature

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Sun Sep 2 22:44:25 CEST 2007

On Sunday 02 September 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Saturday 01 September 2007 6:55:57 pm Matt Rogers wrote:

> > > We can pull the plug on the EBN entirely.
> > > I don't think that will help get bugs fixed, but at least
> > > it will reduce the number unneeded re-compiles.
> > >
> > > I had no idea Krazy/EBN was doing such so harm to the project.
> > > That was not the intention.
> > >
> > > -Allen
> >
> > I don't think it does that much harm to the project. In fact, I would
> > consider the EBN a good thing. However, it may be a good idea to
> > suspend it temporarily. Perhaps the number of recompiles caused by
> > people not fixing krazy issues will allow some of us to be more
> > productive. It may also spur some of the newer developers to work on
> > other things besides fixing Krazy issues, which in the grand scheme
> > of things, are less important the closer we get to a freeze. (IMHO)
>
> Ok, I turned the Krazy web site off.
>
> I can't really do anything about the command line tool
> except tell folks not to use it.
>
> -Allen

Please, no.

I was planning to use it in a next week presentation in a major conference
here an one of the important things introduced during our evolution.

Despite this, turn off Krazy is just a way to make more people talking
about "what's  happening".

Sorry, but by blaming Krazy for the fact that we're lack of resources or for
try force people to do something is almost the same to cut off the liberty of
developers decide by thenselves what they want to do.

Probably i'm not the first one to say that, but the current issues have
NOTHING TO DO with tools like krazy, but to lack of we do better management
of project and failing in to explain to out developers what we need to do
right now.

Seriously, shutting down krazy is more signal of weakness and confusion than a
really help to project. PLease, get it online again.

My 2c's

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer