Release schedule clarifications

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Oct 23 23:17:27 CEST 2007

On Saturday 20 October 2007 10:12:37 pm Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

> Release schedule:
>
> (all deadlines are due 23:59 UTC)
>
> 24 October (Wed): KDE 4.0 Release Freeze
> - Platform interface freeze (source and binary compatibility until KDE 5)
> - Hard freeze Platform
> - Soft freeze Workspace and Applications
> - Message Freeze
> - Deep freeze (changes only by release team) until release tarballs are ready
> (estimated two days)
> - Tag Platform 4.0.0 (Final release)
> - Tag Workspace 3.95 and Applications 3.95 (RC1)

Regarding the proposed RC1:
 1) we just managed to get Beta3 out the door last week.
 2) according to [1] "... The Beta Cycle will continue until the critical products are
    determined to be functional (the "minimum requirements"). The progress can be seen [2]..."

So I think we'll probably have to call the next release Beta4.
Comments?
-Allen

[1]
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Roadmap#Milestone:_Release_Candidate_Cycle