[Kde-pim] Make KDE PIM 4 installable in parallel to KDE PIM 3

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Oct 21 21:27:23 CEST 2007

On Sunday 21 October 2007 17:09:41 Allen Winter wrote:
> Ah, so I see where you are going with this... do we want to have a
> kmail4 that courageous people can try out and report bugs, but isn't
> the default kmail?
>
> My opinion.. if the developers aren't brave enough to use KMail then we
> shouldn't let the distros install it at all.

+1

The recent addition of having both the 'normal' as well as the enterprise
branch of kde-pim3 is confusing enough. Adding a kde4 one to the mix may
prove to be too much for both users and distros to stomach.

If you are worried about this; I suggest to make QA-testing your main
feature-set your top priority and leave out features that have not gotten
the attention they deserve from the main (first) release.
--
Thomas Zander