KDE 3.5.8 uploaded

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Oct 9 20:10:56 CEST 2007

A Dimarts 09 Octubre 2007, Andras Mantia va escriure:
> On Tuesday 09 October 2007, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > It's the typical release procedure, we always protect pages until we
> > do the real release.
>
> It is not typical for KDE. This is really the first time I see the
> changelog page protected in KDE (well, I'm not sure for 3.5.7, but
> before that for many releases I updated regularly the changelog files
> and it was never protected).

I just protected yesterday, that is protect when the release is near.

> The files are read/writable for anybody
> having an account and readable for everybody else, so what is the real
> benefit of tryting to hide it, I don't know.

I already explained, remove the confusion caused when "smart sites" link to
the changelog and say kde has been removed.

But as you say, they are read/write for anyone, feel free to remove the exit.

> What if somebody links
> there? They will see the progress of KDE, that's all.

BTW

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/www/announcements/announce-3.5.6.php?r1=626589&r2=627062
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/www/announcements/announce-3.5.7.php?r1=667120&r2=667267
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/www/announcements/changelogs/changelog3_5_6to3_5_7.php?r1=665435&r2=667267