KDE 3.5.8 uploaded

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Oct 9 19:44:46 CEST 2007

A Dimarts 09 Octubre 2007, Andras Mantia va escriure:
> On Tuesday 09 October 2007, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > I added a exit to the .php file because we don't want
> > sites to start linking there before we do the actual
> > release
> >
> > If you want to have a look at the changelog you can
> > see http://www.tsdgeos.com/unofficial/changelog.html
>
> I don't think this makes sense. The changelog is public, anybody can see
> it through websvn, for example. This just makes it harder to see if
> everything is fine for those who add changelog entries in the xml file.

It's the typical release procedure, we always protect pages until we do the
real release. Having the annoucement/changelog not protected will make sites
start linking to it (after all guessing the url is trivial), users will start
to ask where the packages are and will get confused because they are nowhere
to be found.

Protecting the pages will save ourselves and our users some headaches.

Albert