blockers.

Sune Vuorela debian at pusling.com
Wed Oct 3 09:17:16 CEST 2007

[Probably thread breaking and everything ...]

On 2007-10-03, Thomas Zander <zander-RoXCvvDuEio at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Missing email-adres from the debian packaging team, which I think is great=
>=20
> to have on this list is interrested parties :)

I usually prefer using gmane for mail lists, but now I try subscribing.

>> Kde3libs and kde4libs is afaik currently coinstallable in the same
>> prefix (But is quite unusable, unless kde4base also can be installed
>> there)
>
> This I don't understand,  what kdebase stuff needs to be coinstallable,=20
> but is not yet able to do so?

Stuff like kcmshell, kioexec and other "internal" kde stuff that has
been moved from kde3libs to kde4base.

A longer list can be found at
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=118699277924592&w=2
but I don't know how outdated it is by now.

> Looking at workspace I think that debian wants to package that as a=20
> separate thing and make that package conflict with their kde3=20
> counterparts (i.e. only have one installed at a time) because they really=20
> replace the kde3 *desktop*.

I don't expect to have two kde desktops installed, only to have one of
the desktops (either kde3desktop or kde4desktop), but together with that
both the kde3libs and the kde4libs and pimlibs.

I of course also don't expect to for example to be able to install konsole3
and
konsole4 together (or konqi or ...)

> Am I missing some problems?

yeah. kcmshell and friends.

/Sune

--
I'm not able to insert in the utility, how does it work?

You should never open the command prompt, so that you either cannot
doubleclick a Fast DirectGL head, or must digit from the server on a IP
mailer over the virus and then from Windows and from AutoCAD NT you need to
load a graphic PCI cable for resetting the front-end.