KDE 3.5.8

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Oct 1 10:44:36 CEST 2007

Am Montag 01 Oktober 2007 schrieb Andras Mantia:

> So this would mean a need in scripty script each time a module (be it
> kdevelop, koffice or whatever) is packaged together or separately?
> Can't the kde-i18n packages be created per module?
> So let's say KDE 4.0 has kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdebase and kdegames.
> There will be kde-i18n-kdelibs, kde-i18n-kdepimlibs and so on.
> If KDE 4.1 has one more module, the corresponding kde-i18n-* is also
> released. If a module is not released together with 4.2, the i18n
> module for that is not released.
> And to avoid chaos: those module maintainers whose modules will be
> added/removed from the next release should inform (and ask permission)
> the release team and translation teams well in advance.

This might work for kdevelop perhaps. But e.g. not for the kopete case, that
jumps back in and out. The way we package translations is a compromise
and the condition is that we move into one direction, otherwise we create
a mess. If this is should be more flexible for KDE 4, we need to do the
split a massive one and package applications including _all_ translations
(as GNOME basically does).

Greetings, Stephan