String freeze ask

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Thu Nov 15 01:38:52 CET 2007

Alle giovedì 15 novembre 2007, Allen Winter ha scritto:
> > On kdegames many changes was done on apps for KDE4.0, and some of our
> > guys worked very hard to have up to date docbook.  Unfortunatly, wasn't
> > done at time for the string freeze.
> > We have the 2 last games dockbook and many fix done by Burkhard (i18n
> > translator) to commit. We are thinking it could be sad to have well
> > translated unusual doc, so i'm asking if we can bypass the freeze in this
> > case :/
> >
> > Can we commit them asap??
>
> Johann,
>
> We haven't gone into message freeze for docbooks yet.
> So no problem at all.
> Commit!

Oh dear.

Can we please clarify a solid message freeze date for the documentations?
Translating needs its times (translation, review, testing), and allowing
changes up to the day before the translations freezes will not help us
translators providing complete translations for the application manuals.

Thanks,
--
Pino Toscano