10 Days Until Next Milestone

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 22 20:40:01 CEST 2007

On 22.05.07 19:15:20, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op di 22 mei 2007 17:57 schreef u:
> > Other point, it was said that the agressive 4.0 release schedule was also to
> > allow devs to developp and port applications for 4.x. What is the purpose
> > without kdevelop and win/osx port?
>
> I would love a win/osx port and the people working on that seem to do a great job as far as i can see.

Well, its still a far way until the win32 port is publicly usable, even
though the installer already works relatively well.

> The point about kdevelop I dont understand. You can develop with kdevelop from kde3, non?

Right and thats exactly what we kdevelop developers do. Its working
pretty well and even if the 4.0 schedule would be move 2 months KDevelop
probably wouldn't make it, its just too much work to do still and too
few developers - as is the case for the rest of KDE :) (I wonder what
will happen with KDE5 if KDE doesn't acquire tons of new developers)

Andreas

--
You have a deep appreciation of the arts and music.