Creation of kdevplatform module

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Thu May 3 09:30:23 CEST 2007

At Thursday 03 May 2007 04:26, you wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 May 2007 11:33, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > On May 2, 2007, at 8:05 AM, Allen Winter wrote:
> > > IF we were to do this.. then
> > > + The new module should be in place by 8 May.
> > > + The libs code should follow typical kdelibs coding policies and
> > > licensing
> > >    requirements by the first beta release (25 June).  And kdevelop
> > > and quanta
> > >     should be using it.
> >
> > Is following kdelibs coding policies a requirement? KDevelop has its
> > own coding style. Why can't we just follow that? What happens if it
> > won't be ready for KDE 4.0 (which it won't be)?
>
> IMO kdevelop is a project with releases independent from KDE (as koffice) and
> as such can have its own policies, in coding style, release management and
> others.

Maybe it's an idea to move to extragear and use extragear-libs?

I  recall kdevelop moved to the branches/stable/KDE branch two weeks ago, I thought that meant that kdevelop wants to be part of the next stable KDE release. See also the confusion of the translators in the thread last week on this list.

It was part of the reason KDE 3.5.7 was delayed....

Toma
--
http://www.mailody.net