Creation of kdevplatform module

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed May 2 16:05:23 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> The module name should be "kdeXlibs", no?  perhaps kdedevlibs?
> Oh, I see you want plugins and libs together. then could this fit
> under kdesdk?

Not really. First, it will be not ready for 4.0. Second, it doesn't
really do anything with the rest of kdesdk (as of today). Right now it
will be required by 2 applications (KDevelop and Quanta) and the idea
is to not make Quanta develop on the whole KDevelop module.

> IF we were to do this.. then
> + The new module should be in place by 8 May.
> + The libs code should follow typical kdelibs coding policies and
> licensing requirements by the first beta release (25 June).  And
> kdevelop and quanta should be using it.

As I doubt this will be ready for KDE4.0 I also don't see a reason to
strictly fit these deadlines.

Andras