[V3.0] KDE4.0 Release Roadmap

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Mar 12 21:10:09 CET 2007

Howdy,

After reading the feedback, may I present v3.0 of the "KDE 4.0 Release Roadmap"
(notice I removed the extra ".0")  Also notice that we now correctly compute
the release date as 23 October, given an estimated 3 betas and 2 RCs.

Unless there are major objections, Tom and I would like to move this discussion
over to the kde-core-devel mailing list in a day or two.   Where we know
this plan will take a good beating.

Regards,
Allen
to release in early October, based on 3 Beta's and 2 release candidates.

We tried to make a schedule that pleases as many people as possible, but you
will understand that everyone has their own favorite agenda. So when commenting
on the schedule you will need to think about who will benefit from the change
and who will have trouble with it. Your personal interest might not be the one
of the group.

We want to release KDE 4.0 before Qt5 will be released. KDE 4.0 will not
contain all features announced, they will come during the lifetime of KDE 4.
We can probably switch quickly to a KDE 4.1 release if there are major
subsystems ready for merging soon after the KDE 4.0 release. Also remember
that we have been porting for a couple years and we need to get this show
on the road.

We want to release soon and release often.