[V2.0] KDE4.0.0 Release Roadmap

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Mon Mar 12 09:51:54 CET 2007

Von: Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net>
> On Sunday 11 March 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> > > - To what extent does the release plan cover the Windows port? Is
> there
> > > also a native Mac version planned?
> >
> > O, you are right, we definitely need to talk with the people doing those
> > ports. Does anyone know who to contact, I can send them an email and see
> > what they think.
>
> for the mac port, you might want to contact "Benjamin Reed"
> <rangerrick at gmail.com>.

I can speak for the windows port. We're following the discussions here, but we don't think we can release more than a kdelibs/win32 in alpha stage. There are a lot of open issues and far to few people to resolve them.

But imho this should not stop anything from being released - win32 port is not really important for kde 4.0.

Christian

Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/topmail-out