obsolete templates

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Thu Mar 8 21:24:19 CET 2007

On Thursday, 8. March 2007, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

> And we have our KDE packages for kdelibs 3 not in trunk, too. Why apply a
> different pattern and need to explain it all the time to everyone?

playground/extragear don't differentiate by KDE4 vs KDE3, but by "stable"
and "development". and indeed playground/extragear is branched into "trunk"
and "stable".

do you really want to add complexity by adding one more dimension to it?
Eventually KDE 3.x development has to die, and for most of the
non-entirely-dead projects in playground this has already happened. There is
almost no new KDE 3.x development, and thats good enough. We don't need
a /stable/KDE4/ branch level for playground/extragear, and we don't need
a /trunk/KDE3/ branch level for those either. If there is a need for it, then
there is plenty of place elsewhere to do that.

Dirk