obsolete templates

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau friedrich.w.h at kossebau.de
Thu Mar 8 12:21:38 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, 7. März 2007 13:02, schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> Am Dienstag 06 März 2007 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > A Dimarts 06 Març 2007, Stephan Kulow va escriure:
> > > Hi!
> >
> > Hi, thanks for attacking the i18n issue :-)
> >
> > I have a question and a comment.
> >
> > Question: Are playground modules beign parsed? okular has a Messages.sh
> > but no template, are we doing something wrong?
>
> No, they weren't. I changed that now. There will be some overlap with the
> desktop files as files in trunk/l10n and trunk/l10n-kde4 will battle for
> the better translation, but I'm afraid this death we have to die ;(
>
> If someone has a good suggestion how to fix this, shoot.

Good as in what? :)

And won't there be the same problem with extragear?

IMHO a good and clean solution would be to move all KDE 3 related things
into "branches".

So for all code still for KDE 3:
trunk/playground -> branches/playground/3
trunk/review -> branches/review/3
trunk/extragear -> trunk/extragear/3

Only "3" and not "3.5." as the code in the submodules might have different
requirements to the exact version number. And until recently this was also
implicit, as there was only KDE 3.

Sure, involves quite some work and coordination again, but this clear
structure might also help packagers, newcomers and translators to understand
the current rather complex situation. And fixes the problem with the two
scripties.

So, good enough?
Friedrich