Fwd: KDE4 Release News

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Mar 6 23:55:18 CET 2007

FYI, I just sent this to the kdepim folks.

Subject: KDE4 Release News
Date: Tuesday 06 March 2007
From: Allen Winter <winter at kde.org>
To: kde-pim at kde.org

Howdy PIMsters,

The proverbial doo-doo hit the fan today... the release team is seriously
considering a roadmap that calls for a kdelibs+kdepimlibs soft API freeze to
occur in about 1 month (you read that right... ~30days or 720hours).

With an apps feature freeze  approximately 60days from now.

With KDE4.0 expected in early October.

The roadmap hasn't been "officially" decided, but I will be surprised
if it changes drastically.

I'm hoping that Akonadi can follow the kdelibs schedule; i.e, reach
a soft freeze (the API pretty much done) within the same 30day period.

If you have maintainership in kdepimlibs or Akonadi, it's time
to get yourselves in high gear (that means me too).

Yes, even if KMail and KOrganizer (to name a couple of our apps) have no
active maintainer and are lightyears away from being release-ready.

Questions? Comments?

-Allen, Release Dude

KDEPIM Developer
I accept PayPal payments to awinterz at earthlink.net