kdenetwork 4.0 release?

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Fri Jun 1 16:49:10 CEST 2007

Hi all

I'm right now not sure what to do with the kdenetwork module... Not all apps
are working very well atm. Matt Rogers (mattr) thinks that Kopete will not be
ready for 4.0. KRDC is also not ready so far. Probably I will get it done for
4.0. I don't know yet.

Apps that will be ready for sure are only Krfb and KGet. Filesharing and
lanbrowsing: I have not tested them yet. Laurent Montel worked on them and
thinks that they will be ready. Kppp seems to work, but I have no posibilty
to test it.

I will drop the remaining apps (Kpf, KWifiManger, KDict) the next monday as I
have written already a mail to this list.

What do you think? Should we release kdenetwork 4.0 and just disable the apps
that are not ready in the release? (Of course, we are not going to release
not working apps...) Or should we not release kdenetwork at all?

Bye
urs