Are We Ready? Beta1 vs. Alpha3

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jul 24 16:34:20 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 16:26:54 Thomas Zander wrote:
> Bottom line; if fixing this problem requires certain rewrites and breaking
> of stability and possibly the breaking of the API, that to me is a module
> that is alpha quality.

Is someone working on this particular problem? We can happily state
that "unless kdeprint" (as an example) is rewritten, kdelibs won't freeze,
but I doubt that gets us any further in the direction of a release.

The effect of freezing kdelibs can also be that people finally start fixing
bugs rather than trying to get the API perfect, or more features cramped in.

For very serious stuff, we can always make an exception. We're not stupid,
after all (that's what Allen stated some time ago, and he's smart so let's
believe that for now ;-)).
--
sebas