Are We Ready? Beta1 vs. Alpha3

Tom Albers toma at
Sat Jul 21 18:49:10 CEST 2007

Op za 21 jul 2007 18:44 schreef u:
> Howdy,
> No, I don't think we are ready for a beta release and the API + Feature Freeze
> that goes with a beta release.
> I think we should tag an Alpha3 on 25 July and extend our freeze dates
> forward another month.
> Then try again for a Beta1 on 25 Aug.
> This probably means delaying KDE 4.0 for at least 1 month, ie. 23 Nov.
> If we do this, I'd like some help putting together a "kdelibs to-do"
> that lists all the things we need done in kdelibs before the API freeze.
> Comments?
> -Allen

We already talked this over on irc together, but to state it publically: I completely agree with above. So +1 from me. I also feel we should do at least two beta's, so it indeed means at least a month delay for the final release.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

More information about the release-team mailing list