Are We Ready? Beta1 vs. Alpha3

Allen Winter winter at
Sat Jul 21 18:44:12 CEST 2007


No, I don't think we are ready for a beta release and the API + Feature Freeze
that goes with a beta release.

I think we should tag an Alpha3 on 25 July and extend our freeze dates
forward another month.

Then try again for a Beta1 on 25 Aug.

This probably means delaying KDE 4.0 for at least 1 month, ie. 23 Nov.

If we do this, I'd like some help putting together a "kdelibs to-do"
that lists all the things we need done in kdelibs before the API freeze.


More information about the release-team mailing list