[kde-ev-marketing] the "gamma" proposal - details that need working out

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Jul 15 01:18:40 CEST 2007

Hi Wade,

On Saturday 14 July 2007 23:12, Wade Olson wrote:

> I don't know if it's because I wasn't at aAkKademy or not, but I'll
> say it again: as someone who's done software for a long, long
> time...this discussion makes my head hurt.  Every email gets more
> absurd.  I'm more prone at this point to step aside, because I surely
> can't help with something I don't understand whatsoever.

In some way I share your thoughts. I felt the same when I heard about that
proposal. In the meantime I think it can make sense (if we do it right).

What exactly makes your head hurt? What would you think would be a good way to
handle the KDE 4 release under the constraints that we will have a 4.0.0
release around October 23rd and we need an absolutely fixed date for the
release event?

Regards,
Cornelius