Feature Freeze

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Jul 13 23:21:42 CEST 2007

Hello,

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Divendres 13 Juliol 2007, Allen Winter va escriure:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> According to the current plan we are scheduled for the
>> Application Feature Freeze to start on 25 July (12 days from now).
>>
>> That doesn't seem realistic to me.
>>
>> Should we move the feature freeze to start with the second
>> Beta instead (25 Aug)? or with the first Release Candidate (25 Sep)?

I think we should err on the side of less features and more stability
for 4.0, so we need to leave plenty of time for bugfixing and polishing.
  Planned features can always be added further on the 4.x series.

I wouldn't want to push it much further than 25 Aug, but I'm interested
to see what other people think.

> I'm almost sure we (okular) will not be able to have everything we want the
> 25th. But the more we delay the feature freeze the less time we have to fix
> bugs of introduced features :D

Exactly.  And we'll never have enough time to add everything we want to
add. :)