the "gamma" proposal - details that need working out

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Jul 13 23:17:54 CEST 2007

On Thursday, 12. July 2007, Allen Winter wrote:

> > We're not shifting by 3 months, we're just waiting 3 months for KDE
> > applications to catch up with the KDE 4.0 release.
> When you say "KDE applications", do you mean KDE applications
> that aren't part of the main kde modules (kdebase, kdepim, etc?).
> For example, I think of digikam and amarok as "KDE applications".

Yes. It could also be including those in kde modules. Its not necessary to
decide this today though.

> (We really need some new terminology)

Agreed.

> Now we are back to my original concept of a KDE SDK release.
> Which got shot down pretty harshly IIRC.

I think it is a valid plan B in case things are not significantly smoother
running like they do now.

Another issue: Waiting 3 more months is not going to help us with GPLv3 issues
with or dependencies. It looks like at least one issue is rapidly coming up
and is going to hurt us with KDE3.

Dirk